“INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE” Semi-Finalists
Kingdom Brothers are a red hot electric blues band based in St. Louis, MO. The band’s unique blend of classic blues along with catchy originals make them a favorite at any blues venue. Be sure to sign up for the band’s newsletter for upcoming shows. The members hail from different musical genres and mix it all together to create a memorable sound. They can be seen at local blues establishments as well as concerts and festivals. Read more…
Kingdom Brothers “Out Late” returns to The Beale on Broadway, a downtown St. Louis mecca for everything blue, for an electric blues performance on Friday, February 24t. Live music begins at 8 pm. Kingdom Brothers take the stage at 10:30 pm, performing all your favorite tunes, including new material from their album, “Times Hard”. CDs and digital downloads will be available for sale.
Check out the latest review from popular KDHX – FM DJ, Sean Smothers: “There’s a deep credibility to their music and approach that leaves both home listening and live audiences deeply satisfied. And though listeners can detect hints of influence ranging from Chicago blues to gospel in the delta, Kingdom Brothers lay claim to their own original sound, blessed with an abundance of soul and positivity. ‘TIMES HARD’ ranks highly in releases year-to-date, and the live shows are consistently on par to match.”
(I can also throw in that you guys do my absolute favorite cover of “I’d Rather Go Blind.” So good.)
— Gettin’ Down To It with Sean Smothers – Saturdays 5p-7p CT on 88.1FM and kdhx.org: Listener Supported Radio, “Independent Music Plays Here”
Arrive early. Seating is limited.
The Beale on Broadway is a music club first and foremost with live music six nights a week. Home to local and national acts, The Beale features the best in Blues, Soul and R&B that St. Louis has to offer. Open ’til 3am six nights a week.
It’s a Rent Party for STLBS. The St. Louis Blues Society will be hosting a benefit show for the organization on March 3 at the Focal Point with intimate performances by Michael A. Aguirre, Ron Roskowske & Chris Shepherd (Kingdom Brothers Duo) and Jason David Cooper & Gregory Hommert from 8-10pm. STLBS will be raising money to help pay rent at the Nebula offices! Hope you can join us!
- The St. Louis Blues Society is dedicated to preserving and perpetuating blues music in and from St. Louis, while fostering its growth and appreciation. The St. Louis Blues Society provides blues artists the opportunity for public performance and individual improvement in their field, all for the educational and artistic benefit of the general public.
- The Focal Point, the St. Louis area’s premiere listening room, located on Sutton in the Maplewood business and entertainment district, is a non-profit venue, staffed completely by volunteers, and features the best in local, regional, and national jazz, blues, folk and Americana artists, with regularly scheduled weeknight and weekend concerts throughout the year.
- The Kingdom Brothers Duo of singer-songwriter Chris Shepherd and guitarist Ron Roskowske are making their first local appearance since their trip to Memphis, representing the St. Louis Blues Society in the 2018 International Blues Challenge.
- Singing guitar slinger, Big Mike Aguirre is a master of St. Louis Blues, Memphis Soul, and New Orleans Funk, guaranteed to instantly capture the audience with a commanding presence, a bagful of original tunes with up-front lyrics, and some well selected blues covers.
- Jason David Cooper and Gregory Hommert will bring a unique blend of blues styles to round out the program. Always a delight.
- Music starts at 8 pm. Arrive early! Seating is limited.
Kingdom Brothers once again kick off the spring BBQ season at the Washington MO Main Street BBQ & Blues Fest.
A whole weekend of great food and great music. Kingdom Brothers take the stage at 1:30 pm on Saturday, April 21.
Downtown Washington, Inc. is proud to present the 2017 Main Street BBQ & Bluesfest!
APRIL 20-22, 2018
Friday 5-10pm; Saturday 10-8pm; Sunday 12-4pm
Enjoy live Blues music and a full food court throughout the weekend. Saturday afternoon join us for our 9th annual BBQ competition, sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting and enjoying BBQ, is the world’s largest organization of barbeque and grilling enthusiasts with over 8,000 members worldwide. 50 teams will compete for the title of Grand Champion, with trophies, ribbons and cash prizes for the winners.
Saturday, from 2-4 pm, a BBQ tasting event will be open to the public, in which each team will be competing for the title of People’s Choice. Only $9 to sample BBQ from each team!
Sunday will feature our Main Street BBQ and Bluesfest Bike Show. Take a drive down the back roads to Washington and enjoy live music and food as well as the Bike show and People’s Choice Bike Show.
In addition to professionally cooked barbeque, enjoy live Blues music all weekend with a full food court plus the Washington Vintage Market and Washington Art Walk will be going on the same weekend.
Downtown Washington, Inc. would like to invite you and your family to enjoy the event and see historic downtown Washington!
Entertainment Schedule: Check back here for complete details as the date draws near.
For more information on the Washington Vintage Market check out Grace’s Place Crisis Nursery or https://www.facebook.com/
For more information on Main Street BBQ & Bluesfest contact the Project Coordinator, at (636) 239-1743 or at email@example.com
Come on out to the Farmington Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival, featuring the red-hot electric blues performance of Kingdom Brothers, Friday, September 21st. This two-day event includes a BBQ contest sanctioned by the St. Louis BBQ Society, 4 blues bands jammin’ out all day Saturday, and a craft beer garden, plus food, games, a car show, and craft vendors. Kingdom Brothers take the main stage Friday evening at 6 pm. Arrive early for a good seat. Expect to hear all your KBros favorites, including selections from the band’s 2016 CD TIMES HARD.
BBQ teams check in Friday at noon for a chance to win the $1500 grand prize. For more information about the BBQ competition, check out the BBQ page here.
For information about the unique craft beer experience, check out the Beer Garden page here. Brewers from all over the region will serve up their best brews, plus a beer wagon. All to wash down that delicious bbq while listening to some amazing blues!