2700 Sutton Blvd
Maplewood, MO 63143
It’s a Rent Party for STLBS. The St. Louis Blues Society will be hosting a benefit show for the organization on March 3 at the Focal Point with intimate performances by Michael A. Aguirre, Ron Roskowske & Chris Shepherd (Kingdom Brothers Duo) and Jason David Cooper & Gregory Hommert from 8-10pm. STLBS will be raising money to help pay rent at the Nebula offices! Hope you can join us!
- The St. Louis Blues Society is dedicated to preserving and perpetuating blues music in and from St. Louis, while fostering its growth and appreciation. The St. Louis Blues Society provides blues artists the opportunity for public performance and individual improvement in their field, all for the educational and artistic benefit of the general public.
- The Focal Point, the St. Louis area’s premiere listening room, located on Sutton in the Maplewood business and entertainment district, is a non-profit venue, staffed completely by volunteers, and features the best in local, regional, and national jazz, blues, folk and Americana artists, with regularly scheduled weeknight and weekend concerts throughout the year.
- The Kingdom Brothers Duo of singer-songwriter Chris Shepherd and guitarist Ron Roskowske are making their first local appearance since their trip to Memphis, representing the St. Louis Blues Society in the 2018 International Blues Challenge.
- Singing guitar slinger, Big Mike Aguirre is a master of St. Louis Blues, Memphis Soul, and New Orleans Funk, guaranteed to instantly capture the audience with a commanding presence, a bagful of original tunes with up-front lyrics, and some well selected blues covers.
- Jason David Cooper and Gregory Hommert will bring a unique blend of blues styles to round out the program. Always a delight.
- Music starts at 8 pm. Arrive early! Seating is limited.